Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Trails I Want to Hike and Summits I Want to Climb (Some Again)

It has been awhile since I have enjoyed a good hike and so I have been thinking about where my next hike ought to be. I think I will start small by driving up to the Gunks and hiking a couple short routes in Mohonk Preserve, a moderate 3 mile round trip up to rocky Bonticou Crag and its excellent views, and a moderate 7.5 mile round trip up to High Peters Kill .

For my next day hike I would like to take the train north of the City and hike Breakneck Ridge, another trip promising rocky outcrops and fantastic views.

For my third trip I am hoping to drive up to the Dacks (Adirondacks) for a two day round trip starting at Keene Valley that will take me up over Mt. Marcy (I first hiked up Mt. Marcy in 1978) the first day and return over Mts. Haystack, Basin, Saddleback, Gothics, Armstrong and Upper Wolf Jaw (also hiked up Upper Wolf Jaw in 1978). I estimate the total distance to be around twenty miles.

No comments: