Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Guest Blogger: Andy James

I will be taking off for a few days but do not want Summit to Shore to languish from inattention. Therefore I have asked my friend and colleague the Reverend Andy James (pictured right), Pastor of the First Presbyterian Church of Whitestone, NY, to author a few posts in my absence.

Andy and I have cooperated in many endeavors over the past two years, so why not my blog? Our theological outlooks and approach to ministry are not that different and we are both Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Clergy, but perhaps that is where the similarities end. I am a northerner from West Virginia (the part north of the Mason Dixon Line) and he is a southerner from Mississippi. I went to Princeton Seminary. He went to Columbia Seminary. I am PC. He is Mac. Andy is also younger and more tech savvy than I am, so who knows what readers of Summit to Shore might be in for.

Please write Andy a comment to welcome him as soon as he writes his first post.

No comments: