Monday, December 21, 2009

The Moderator Responds: Part 3

The third question I submitted to the Reverend Bruce Reyes-Chow, Moderator of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) General Assembly, after his invitation to submit up to five interview style questions, was . . .

. . . thinking back to the time you decided to stand for nomination as Moderator, what, between then and now, would you do differently, if you could? Bruce replied . . .

"There are certainly questions I would ask about the mechanisms of being a
two-year moderator that I simply did not know about then that could have avoided
some travel confusions, etc. I might also have spread out my travel in a way
that would not have been so hard on my family and local church during particular
times of the year."
O.K. Bruce, I’ll take the bait. What are some of those questions? What sort of travel confusions have you experienced?

No comments: