Sunday, December 6, 2009

Empire State of Mind

I first learned about this Jay-Z and Alicia Keys music video, Empire State of Mind, yesterday, from fellow water blogger Messing About In Sailboats.

I am not a big fan of Rap or Hip-Hop, which explains why I was not aware of this song and had not seen this video earlier, but now that I have heard and seen it, I really like it.

I like this video because it is about my adopted home town, New York City. I like that I hear no profanity in it. I like that I recognize many of the scenes. I like that it starts in black and white and then, like the Wizard of Oz, transitions to color. As my wife says, “New York City is so colorful that it can be filmed in black and white because the vibrant life of the city adds its own color.”

Enjoy.

No comments: