Friday, February 20, 2009

Why We Blog!

Why do we blog? There were six responses to my casual, unscientific poll posted here for the past week. Respondents could choose multiple answers. Here are the results.

To avoid the loony bin
One respondent or 16%

To fight injustice
One respondent or 16%

As a substitute for therapy
Two respondents or 33%

To know you're not alone
Two respondents or 33%

To tap the creative spirit
All six respondents or 100%

Blogging is a way for me to be creative in a new and exciting medium (at least new and exciting for me). It also offers me a way to be creative in a way different from writing articles for the church newsletter or preaching. Even though I am somewhat restricted by templates as well as my lack of technological savvy, blogging seems less restrictive than other forms of communication. What are your further thoughts?

No comments: