Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Spinning Wheels (Lessons from Two Years of Cycling): Transitioning to (From DC to Pgh)

This fourteenth installment of Spinning Wheels marks a transition. Through the previous thirteen installments I have pretty much shared everything I have wanted to share about what I learned from my first two years after getting back into cycling. I am also now over halfway into my third year and the learning curve is not as steep. I am finding it more and more difficult to reflect on where I was as a cyclist at the end of last season and the beginning of this season. It is time to put my reflections after two years of cycling to rest.

Beginning next week I will drop the parenthetical (Lessons from Two Years of Cycling) but keep the Spinning Wheels moniker as I begin what I plan to be an eight to ten or even longer series of posts reflecting on last May’s ride from DC to Pittsburgh along the C and O Canal and the Great Allegheny Passage. I hope the series will be less technical and more adventure and travelogue oriented than this past series. That means Spinning Wheels will be transitioning from (Lessons from Two Years of Cycling) to (From DC to Pgh) beginning Tuesday, August 9.

Here are links to previous installments in the series:

Flats (Thirteenth Installment)

Beware Dehydration (Twelfth Installment)
Creams & Powders for your Butt (Eleventh Installment)

Group vs. Solo Rides (Tenth Installment)
Competitiveness (Ninth Installment) 
Stats (Eighth Installment)
Accidents Happen (Seventh Installment)
Pedals for Cleats (Sixth Installment)
Riding Shoes with Cleats (Fifth Installment)
Be Kind to Your Behind (Fourth Installment)
Combating Hand and Arm Numbness (Third Installment) 
Reading and Riding (Second Installment)
Starting Over (First Installment) 

No comments: