Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Spinning Wheels (Lessons from Two Years of Cycling): Starting Over


My Trek when fairly new
I acquired a new Trek 8.3 DS hybrid two years ago thanks to the kind generosity of a good friend. I had not seriously ridden a bike since my college days when I sprinted around town streets and country roads on a Fuji twelve speed road bike I bought my freshman year of college. I sold that bike at a yard sale twenty-six years ago.

As I started relearning how to ride a bike I realized that bikes and bike accessories have changed over the past three decades and that I had some catching up to do. I also learned that my body, over three decades older than when I last seriously cycled, needed a little more tender loving care than before, both during and after rides.

In a series of blog posts I will release Tuesday afternoons, this being the first, I will share and reflect on some of the things I have learned after my first two years of cycling as I eagerly begin my third. I am calling the series “Spinning Wheels (Lessons from Two Years of Cycling)”.  Watch for my posts here, on my blog, Summit to Shore. I will also be announcing new posts via facebook updates with links to new posts.

No comments: