Friday, November 30, 2018

Poetry from the West Virginia Writers Fall 2018 Conference


I attended four Poetry Workshops at the recent November 17th one day West Virginia Writers Fall 2018 Conference at the Day’s Inn in Flatwoods, WV.

Two of the workshops I joined were led by Kari Gunter-Seymour and the other two by Sarah Elkins.

All four workshops included prompts and time for writing. Thanks to Sara and Kari, and their prompts and leadership, I wrote more poetry at that one day conference than I have written in a long time. I  posted almost all my writing from that day on my blog. Here are the links to the various works.

About my favorite place in all the world, which just happens to be in West Virginia.

Written in response to guided imagery.

Written in response to a chanting prompt.

An ekphrastic poem.

A sample of "Found Poetry" using various lines from a single book.

A tongue and cheek twist of a common phrase.

No comments: